Here is the newest Cold Steel 200 Box Mod,in co-operation between the well-known hardware manufacturer Ehpro and the Youtuber Manuel Topschall alias Nebelfee, the Cold Steel 200 battery carrier was created. Designed for use with two 18650 rechargeable battery cells (not included), the Mod not only impresses with its appearance, but also the materials used, as well as its feel and inner values.
The Cold Steel battery carrier in every color variation is epitomized from stainless steel and PVD coated (Physical Vapor Deposition - a coating technique in which a substance is vapor deposited on the Matrial to improve the durability and optically adjust).
The positioning of the buttons makes the Cold Steel 200 very easy to operate and offers various setting options without having to go into the system menu. So all keys can be locked ("Mod Lock" - to prevent, for example, an accidental release in the bag) by pressing the (+) and (-) keys together. The power button and (-) pressed together let the display toggle so that both right and left-handed users can conveniently use the mod. Power button and (+) activate the "Key Lock", where the setting buttons (+) and (-) are locked, but the power button still works. Each setting is confirmed on the OLED.
On the front side below is the button for the battery cover. If this is pressed the battery cover jumps, which simultaneously sets the bottom plate and the battery cells can be easily inserted. The poling direction is indicated on the contacts in the lid. The underside of the bottom plate (battery cover) are rubber plates to protect both the box and the shelf. On the top of the battery carrier is the 510er evaporator connection, on the evaporator with 25 mm diameter flush. All evaporators are supported with a resistance between 0.05 to 3.0 ohms.
Powered by Ehpro's proprietary chipset, the electronics respond very quickly and provide Power (PC - Variable Watt), VOLT (VC - Voltage VAR), Curve, Temperature Control and Bypass output modes.
- Power offers the option of setting 5 - 20 watts in 0.1 watts increments.
- Volts can be set between 0.5 to 8.0 volts.
- Curve mode can be used to set the output power to the second. This is based on the multiple of the main setting. If the battery carrier is set to 40 watts, the setting 1.5 in curvemode results in 60 watts. This allows the battery carrier to be set exactly on the coils.
- The temperature control offers presetting for nickel, stainless steel and titanium wires as well as the TCR mode for free input of the temperature coefficient. Here, the output power (watts) and the maximum temperature to be reached are set.
- The Bypass mode is the unregulated mode in which the full power of the battery cell is applied to the evaporator. If the battery cell is fully charged, it is 4.2 volts and correspondingly less as the battery level drops.
The Cold Steel 200 Mod also offers the PreHeat modes "Soft", "Normal" and "Strong", which affect the first 300 ms of the usage process. With the "Soft" setting, "only" 0.9 times the set output bars are used, while with "Normal", the set output power is taken as normal. With "Strong", the output power increased 1.1 times in the first 300 ms, which allows the coil to heat up faster and thus achieve faster performance.
On the side of the box is the USB-C port, which can be used to update the firmware and recharge the batteries up to 2 amps (we strongly recommend using an external charger to recharge battery cells!).
- Height: 88 mm
- Width: 25 mm
- Depth: 52 mm
- Material: stainless steel, PVD coating
- Output power: 5 - 200 watts
- Output voltage: 0.5 - 8.0 volts
- Output current: max. 40 amps
- Resistance range: 0.05 - 3.0 Ω
- Modes: Power (VW / PC); Volts (VV / VC); Curve; Temperature control (nickel, stainless steel, titanium); bypass
- Akkuslots: 2x 18650 (not included - ache on battery capacity!)
- OLED display
- 510er evaporator connection
- Max. Diameter of the usable evaporator without standing over: 25 mm